We value positive relationships with parents and carers to help develop better social and emotional skills in children. We know that when children are engaged with their learning, they attend school more regularly, leading to better long term outcomes.
At Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Primary School Mt Pritchard we encourage regular communication between parents and teachers through a fortnightly newsletter, the Compass student information system and app, emails, phone and social media.
The Parents & Friends Committee (P&F) plays a very special and significant role in the integration of school, home and community. At the social level, participation in the life of the school offers parents a never-expanding network of friendship and support. All parents with students at OLMC are invited to become members of this group. The Executive Committee is elected at an Annual General Meeting and liaise between school executive and parents.
The aims of the P&F Committee are to:
- raise funds for the purpose of providing material assistance in equipping and maintaining the school;
- act at all times in conformity with the wishes of the principal, school executive and finance committee;
- promote the cause of Catholic education by helping to bring parents, students and teaching staff of the school to fruitful co-operation;
- promote social contact among parents;
- encourage members to live a full Christian life.
Parents are encouraged to make an appointment via email, phone or in person when required.